11 January 2012

Revolution of a Monarch.

So as I mentioned before, while I was not blogging, I participated in SUNY Albany's African Student Association fashion show "AFRO FUSION:THE BLUEPRINT TO VOGUE". It was so much fun and I was finally able to cross that off my bucket list. The designs were HOT and the overall show was very beautiful. One of the designers for a unisex line was so cool and down to earth. He and his partner partied with us models after the fashion show. 

His name is Adeoye Adegbola aka Ade and he is from Queens by way of Brooklyn. He presented an urban line of T-shirts, sweat shirts and totes known as 
Revolution Of A Monarch.
With such a stylish line and a catchy name, I had to interview Ade. 
CEO of Revolution of a Monarch
Ade Adegbola

What inspired you to start a clothing line?
Revolution of a Monarch is a brand that embodies what I feel has been missing in fashion, which is a 
    brand with substance. R.o.a.M. isn't just for one type of person from one walk of life. R.o.a.M. is a brand that is made to represent everyone, period. Our goal is to allow everyone to feel like Kings and Queens in our garments and with patience as well as support from our consumers; we promise to deliver.I've always been interested as well as inspired by fashion. I love the ability to express your feelings and emotions through your appearance. My mother raised both of my brothers and I to take pride in our presentation and so when the idea came about to start my own brand of clothing, it seemed almost natural. My family and friends are probably my biggest inspiration because they've influenced my style, which in turn is reflected in R.o.a.M. Clothing.
  • Where does the name Revolution of a Monarch come from? 
  • The name Revolution of a Monarch is just that, The Revolution of a Monarch or the travels of royalty. We are all Kings and Queens, which is where the aspect of the "Monarch" in the name was created. The "Revolution" aspect of the brand came about because I want R.o.a.M. Clothing to bring about a change in fashion as well as being a breathe of fresh air with innovative designs and concepts. I wanted R.o.a.M. Clothing to be a brand that allowed you to wear your clothing everywhere and still feel comfortable. From the beach to a bar-bee-que to a bar, corner to corner office, or just to hang out with friends. R.o.a.M. is a brand that let's you be you. 
  •  How did you get started with your line?
  • When i started, I had no formal training in fashion nor did I go to school to study fashion; so I started doing plenty of research on what it takes to start a clothing line independently. Once I felt comfortable enough, I had my logo designed and started with my first run of t-shirts, sweatshirts and hoodies. 
  •  How long has Revolution of a Monarch been established for?
  • Revolution of a Monarch Clothing has been established since 2008.
  • What designers do you look up to?
  • All! Lol. All jokes aside, I have a wide variety of designers I look up to. From Jeremy Scott to Ralph Lauren and his Polo empire, Tom Ford and his creative direction at YSL and Gucci, Marc Jacob and his impact on Louis Vuitton Coco Chanel, and Pharrell Williams overall view on fashion and style. Each brings a totally different stance on fashion and respect them for all that they've accomplished.
  •  Where can people find your clothes?
  • Online at IamRoaM.com or in select boutiques that carry our pieces; which is also listed on the R.o.a.M. Clothing website.
  • What would you like everyone to know about you and Revolution of a Monarch?

  • "It wasn't built in a day, but it ruled for years"

No comments:

Post a Comment