08 November 2010

Black Girls Rock!

Last nigh, BET  aired "Black Girls Rock!", which was an award show honoring the brilliance and achievements of African American women. Not only did this show illustrate the great works of women in Hollywood, but it also showcased the great efforts of regular women . I appreciated this, because not many award shows incorporate people who are easy to relate to. 
When I tuned in, Keke Palmer was receiving her award. Looking stunning as usual, Keke accepted her award with grace, and gave a genuine speech. Despite the fact that Keke's speech was impromptu, she articulated her thoughts carefully and spoke very well. She made it clear that girls do not have to shake thier butts in order to make it in this world, and I couldn't agree more. At the age of 17 (just like yours truly), Keke seems to be wise beyond her years. I admire young women like her who are strong minded, and aren't easily influenced by negativity. An official andallthatg0od_stuff clap clap bravo for Ms. Palmer. She is the epitome of a "BHAD" chick. Fellas instead of dreaming about Nicki Minaj or Amber Rose, you should be dreaming about Keke.





I also noticed Marsha Ambrosius, former member of Floetry. She's now a solo artist doing her thang, and doing it well. Although she doesn't get the recognition like other female vocalists, she is worthy of praise. She has also lost weight since the last time I've seen her. I must say that I loveeeee the big curly hair on her.

No comments:

Post a Comment