14 January 2012

Deans List 3


Strivers
Yesterday, I attended the Deans List 3 Strivers Row poetry slam at Le Poisson Rouge lounge in downtown manhattan. As some of you may know, the Strivers Row is made up of some very talented young poets and musicians. Favorites like Jasmine Mans, Joshua Bennett and Carvens Lissaint hit the stage and did some very heart felt and bomb ass poems! Mr. Lissaint represented for Haiti with a very emotional homage to his country and the earthquake that tore the country two years ago. 
I was so excited to see these lovely people, but when I arrived at Le Poisson Rouge Lounge, I was surprised to see that there were no seats, no coat check, hundreds of people and a line around the corner. Now I understand thatThe Strivers Row has many fans, but I believe they overbooked last night. There was no place to move. I was also very disappointed because I had to stand and hold my coat for three hours. Smh I wasn't happy about that at all. A friend of mine came all the way from CT to see the show and she was very upset also!. Ugh We eventually made our way to the front but it was an overall inconvenience. 
Good Poetry though :)

No comments:

Post a Comment