03 May 2011

Good_Music


Shout out to the under rated, and under paid. I'm into the kind of music that has a poetic feel to it. And prior to attending St. John's Black Music Festival last week, I never realized what Wale was about. But I must say that I was impressed. He has the D.C swag with the dreads and I feel like he's very personable. Can I just shout out the fact that he is from Naija? lol I was waiting for him to shout out the green/white/green all night, but sadly he didn't. I made sure to download a good amount of his songs and I'm loving "90210" and "Ambitious Girl", even though the latter is more of a poem. I'm hoping that he continues to climb up the latter because I am surely supporting him.

Speaking of a poetic feel, Common has all of that plus swag and looks. It hit me today while I was at the hair salon, that Common is a greatt lyricist. I mean I knew that before but something about hearing a 2 Pac song made me think of Common. He needs to be represented more and step out into the lime light.Actually, on second thought, maybe he should just stay where he is. Radio and notority can really take a toll on some people. I'm not saying he's one of those people but it's a possibility. The fact that he's underrated makes me appreciate him more as an artist.

Last but not least, my boy Lupe is pretty "swaggy".  I've been listeing to his lyrics more and more and I have to give him props for being real.  Real enough to talk about the music industry and it's schemes. I would totally buy his album if I was into the whole buying album thing lol. One in the air for Lupe though. He has come a long way from the "kick-push" days.

No comments:

Post a Comment