25 January 2011

Relationships? I think you should wait for it

At least until your early twenties

Nowadays people are already in "committed" relationships by the time they are in junior high school. I put committed in quotes because I doubt that at such a young age the two people in the relationship are 100% committed to one another. Being tied down at such a young age is very burdensome. I'm not saying that I cant handle commitment, I'm just saying I don't want to. I know plenty of people my age who have no problem with it but I do. I just feel like there are soo many fish in the sea and being committed at such a young age can hinder you from having fun and enjoying what else is out there. I feel like having a boyfriend/girlfriend is just another responsibility to add to the list. A relationship is time and energy consuming; the time and energy I put into a trivial relationship can be used for school. I enjoy being single because I can focus on me and doing me. I am  not in any rush to have a boyfriend. I want to be able to go on dates with whomever I please, whenever I please. I feel like I need to enjoy my youth lol.My sister once said to me that people shouldn't be in a serious relationship until they are like in their twenties. I frowned upon that idea when she first said it, but now I seriously believe that to be true. Unless you see a strong future with the person that you are with right now, then there's no point of wasting your time. You are missing out on the opportunity to take your time and find the right person. I'd say 22 is a good age to have a serious relationship. By then I will be done with college and on my way to law school. And by then I'd be grown and thinking about a potential spouse. But not right now, not in 2011 when I'm only 18 years young. That can be problematic lol. I really wonder if I'll ever find the person that I'm looking for. Nowadays I see a lot of imbalanced couples (pretty ladies/ugly guys or ugly ladies/pretty guys). I DO NOT want to settle for an ugly guy just because he has a pretty heart and personality. If he doesn't find me here in America, then hopefully he'll find me whenever I travel abroad. My problem is that I always like the guys who dont give me a time of day. I don't think I'll ever be the girl who falls for a guy who is persistent in trying to pursue me. It's really bad but its just like how I feel. I don't know if its embedded in my DNA but I am attracted to the douch bags. The guys that have plenty of females dieing for them. Unfortunately I like the guys who so many other girls want. Who wants a guy that nobody wants? lmao I know I sound silly but come on its true!

No comments:

Post a Comment