31 May 2011

Spoken.

Best I've heard was that I don't look like the type to study because I don't carry a bag on my back. Because I'm very into my style and it's far from wack. But I carry a long champ, and throw away the slack.

No on second thought, the best I've heard is that there's no way I'm a virgin because of my ample round glutinous maximus. That because God has blessed me with a nice body, there's no way that I'm celibate.

Wait..... let me come again. The best I've heard is that I'm pretty for a dark skin girl, and the prettiest Haitian that one ever saw. But why can't I be pretty not like in respect to my complexion but like in the beauty bestowed upon me by my mother and my father. And in reference to my ethnicity, I accept it as ignorance. My beauty and intelligence won't allow me to curse in the name of sheer ugliness.

But hold on, you haven't heard the best, because it came when I was told that I could never be an attorney. Because my temperament, approach and beliefs won't let me.  Excuse me? Come again... I believe that's simply foolish for you to try to guess my fait, despite the fact that God already has it in order. Oh you just wait!

Let me give you more, because the best is better than what I said before. Because the best was when Yvrose let me know the truth. That God has a plan for me and my successes are proof. She also said there'd be motivators disguised as haters and contemplaters. That my persistence and nature are the best of me, but if I don't separate friend from adversary, than that will be the death of me.

And the best I've heard from grandma was to always follow my mother, honor my father and listen to grandfather. Because grandpa taught me too, until about three years ago their time here on earth was through. And through all the tears and heartache, I've realized that my grandparents are my guardian angels. That my mother is my inspiration and my father is a rock who often demonstrates his appreciation. And my sisters, two friends I'll never lose. Because before me there was them. It was Ines, Vicky and then M.

And now we're unbreakable, no matter what our haters say. Because the best I've heard all my life was that the best will never stay. That the best will come and go away. But the best of the best is yet to come, because in life, we will always win and lose some.

No comments:

Post a Comment