10 October 2010

"Oh she's turnt up"

Maya Arulpragasam

This Sri Lankan/English war refugee better known as M.I.A is amazing. Lol her picture was one of the first pictures I decided to add to this blog. I remember when I first started listening to her music about three years ago, when she only had a few fans. Although she isn't a mainstream artist, she is beginning to hold her own. The kind of music she makes is different; its not the average pop, r&b, alternative, hip hop, dance hall, or reggae that can be found on the radio, its a combination of all of the aforementioned genres. Maya first started off as an artist and film maker, with no intention to do music. But after making a demo, and it landing in the hands of a couple of producers and djs M.I.A found herself in the music industry. She has graced the covers of magazines, has been featured on remixes, and appeared in one of Marc Jacob's ad campaigns.
Now that she's already given birth, Maya is taking time to work on her music career. She recently released a new record,"XXO" and has Jay Z on the remix; and to tell you the truth, it's a very hot tune!She also performed  last Thursday at the Brooklyn Bowl. Lobster and shrimp for M.I.A, because shes doing her thang. I've watched and read a few of her interviews and she seems extremely down to earth, I can honestly see myself hanging with her; she's like one of those people who you want to have as your friend. lol I feel like if i reached out to her she would be down lol. Anyway I cant wait to hear and see what else she has up her sleeves.

No comments:

Post a Comment