17 September 2010

When I grow up I want to be similar to her (Part 1).

June Ambrose


Antigua native and stylist to the stars,June Ambrose is obviously fashionably inclined.She's one of the very few notable African American celebrity stylists. It's not every day that you find a successful black women being praised for doing something artistic. I think it's time that Ms. Ambrose get a show, like fellow celebrity stylist Rachel Zoe. She comes from a West Indian family, who didn't understand why she was so interested in fashion.She inspires me to chase my styling dreams. Despite the fact that my main aspiration is to become an attorney, I would love to work in fashion PR and styling before I go on to pursue a Juris Doctorate. Not to get ahead of myself, but I feel like I'm a young June Ambrose in the making. I'm already going against the conventional ideas of my parents. They don't really understand my love for fashion and all that goes with it. I'm the youngest yet the most rebellious in terms of adhering to what my parents have to say. I hope to someday meet and work with Ms.Ambrose. I feel like she can give me some pointers to become a great stylist. 

P.S

If I had the money, I would be draped in high end designers. Not only because they are high end designers, but because the designs are often imitated but can never be duplicated. Only a select few people can afford authentic high end garments and accessories. I look forward to the day that I become apart of that minority.
In the words of Eminem:
"Imma be what I set out to be, without a doubt undoubtedly
And all those who look down on me I'm tearing down your balcony"

No comments:

Post a Comment