16 August 2011

This isn't the LSAT...

...But let's talk logic.

The realest advice I've heard this week was quoted by a fellow Youth Brigade Class of 2011 graduates. We were talking about the idea of me dating exclusively. I was telling him how I often feel bad when I have to reject somebody.My main point was something along the lines of " it's rude to first say yes to somebody and then renege on that yes". He countered with,
" It is not rude to say no, do what you think is best. Follow your logic not your heart."
I couldn't agree more with  what big brother Griff said but at the same time, I often believe that my logic is confusing and misleading.
According to my logic, it is important to trust no one. However, at the same time, I give people the benefit of the doubt. Which means, that the idea of me trusting no one yet giving people the benefit of the doubt is contradictory. Something less contradictory to do would be to,
expect the worse and hope for the best.
 
I am convinced that I have an emotional layer that weighs almost as much as my rear end lol ;); if you know me, you'd conclude that this supposed "emotional layer" weighs a great deal lol. By weighing a great deal, I mean that this layer is big, thick and substantial. I may be very blunt, but that doesn't mean that I don't care about people's feelings. Rejection can be extremely difficult to handle. I don't believe that anyone wants to be rejected. . I've been rejected in many ways, and I will continue to experience such rejection. Feeling unwanted or unworthy is disheartening and unfortunate.
 Which brings me back to my original point, if I always rely on my logic as opposed to the fat emotional layer that continue to gain weight, then I be a hypocrite. This doesn't mean that my logic is harsh, it simply means that my emotional layer can be the best friend to any guy who tries to pursue me. lol But to keep up with the logical theme, lets be real and understand that I am in control of when I depend on my logic or my emotional layer.
When the situation calls for sweetness, I rely on my emotional layer, and when the situation calls for realism as opposed to romanticism. I rely on my logic; it's a 50/50 kind of thing lol. Using my logic has gotten me far, while using my emotional layer has gotten me half way with the desperate need of my logic. Meaning my logic has the upper hand.
:sigh:
Sometimes I wish life could be so much more simple. I love my free will and intellect but I wonder if my  life would be more manageable without those two God given gifts.
Logically speaking....I'm going to have to tighten my logic leash, while hoping for some people to get a grip, a firm grip at that.

No comments:

Post a Comment