18 August 2011

Ms. Trudy

Ms. Trudy.... Ms. Trudy when are you going to let me................ type?

I have some good news yall!
After years of being without my own laptop, my father purchased one for me yesterday! Shout out to Daddy Jean Henriquez for hooking me up.
When I was young, naive and immature, the main priority I had was taking pictures. So I always felt that an Apple laptop would be the best for me. Well thank goodness I got over that. Apple is great but a tad bit overrated, and pricey for me.
I think we all know that I like to do my research prior to taking on any project or investing in anything. Thus I knew I absolutely did not want a dell. For year the family computer has been a dell, my sister Victoria has a dell and my parents laptop is a dell. After using their products for so long I realized that they are not the best. Instead, they are a bit demanding and costly. If ever there is an issue with the compter, dell deems it necessary to have it repaired at one of thier headquarters. For example, the battery on my parent's laptop needs to be replaced but it must be purchased from dell. Although it was purchased at Best Buy, the Geek Squad cannot do anything to help.
Anyway, after concluding dell was not for me, and realizing I did not want a Hewlett Packerd (HP), I was sold on getting a Sony. That is until I did more research and discovered that sony is not very reputable. I should have known after dealing with them for years because of my camera. Because Sony is well known, they feel the need to overprice thier products. I say over price because I do not believe that they are worth the money. Even my dad who has Sony Reward points (via his Visa card), does not stand by thier products.
After plenty of research, product reviews and opinions from sale associates at stores such as Best Buy and Micro Center, I decided to go with Trudy lol. Trudy is an ASUS 14" notebook. It runs on an intel core i5 processor ( which means it's super fast), it has 8GB of memory and 750 GB hardrive. Unless you can decipher computer language, you probobly don't know what the formder sentence means. lol Basically this is a great laptop. Despite the fact that ASUS is not as popular as Sony, HP, Dell and Apple, it has been making mother boards for all of those companies for many years lol!



I'm pretty content with it thus far. And if I have any issues with it for the next two years,  I can bring it back to Best Buy because of the warranty that my dad put on it. After tax plus the warranty, the lap top set him back...$1,100 :/. Yes very pricey but I am hoping it was worth it lol. Before the warranty the laptop was $730.00; the same price for the Sony that I was going to purchase, but it offers much more than the Sony.
Yay for Trudy!

No comments:

Post a Comment