30 June 2011

A mistake?



So yesterday I was parading around South Houston with Nathanial, my friend of many years lol. And I decided to go into David Z to look at the selection of Jeffrey Campbell shoes. Well I saw a pair of Litas and I wanted to try them on because I am interested in buying a pair. I must say they are very comfortable. Surprisingly for the height and weight they have a great cushion inside that will not leave people's feet in shambles. However, Natalie laughed at me at I walked around and looked at myself in the mirror. She thinks that the shoes are obnoxious and hideous.

I beg to differ. I mean when I first saw them, I did give them the side eye. They were new and bulky and I was a bit confused. But I do believe that they are the kind of shoe that has to grow on you. Like no one is just going to automatically accept them. Jeffrey Campbell has a way of pushing the envelope with his creations. And I respect him for that. His designs are for the bold and confident. The people who want to make a statement. And I am just that person. I believe that Litas are a statement themselves. I would pair it with a simple outfit and call it a day. They are a definite "neck breaker" because I know no matter where I go, people would always look down at my feet. Lol Natalie sent a picture of them to her father and he responded "That was a mistake, you should save your money instead of being stupid." LOL he clearly thought Natalie bought them. But she didn't because like her father, she thought that they were atrocious, a mistake so to speak lol.

I don't care what they say though, I will probably be rocking a pair of Litas in the near future. I'm not sure which color though. I want to go as simple as possible. They come in a variety of colors and prints. But I want the most neutral pair. Hmm we'll see how that goes. No mistakes will be made though lol.

No comments:

Post a Comment