07 November 2010

Please STOP!

Usage of the N word should be a crime



Nigger:
From the earliest usage it was "the term that carries with it all the obloquy and contempt and rejection which whites have inflicted on blacks" [cited in Gowers, 1965]. But as black inferiority was at one time a near universal assumption in Eng.-speaking lands, the word in some cases could be used without deliberate insult.

I detest/abhor/despise, and frown upon usage of the N word. I don't care if you are saying "nigga" instead of "nigger", either way its unacceptable. The word has great meaning beyond what Webster's or Dictionary.com tells us. This term is condescending and insulting. Those of you who are black and use this word freely but are offended when white people call you a "nigga" need a reality check. I don't see why African American people feel they are allowed to use this word while other races aren't. The word still holds the same meaning regardless of whose mouth it's coming out of. Whether your black, Latino, middle eastern, Asian, or white you should not be using this word! My black people need to set an example and not use this word like it's nothing. There are so many other words one can use to address his/her friends besides "my nigga".  Let me just make it clear here on andallthatg0od_stuff  I AM NOT ANY BODY'S NIGGA/NIGGER, so take this as a warning!  Refrain from using this word in my presence please!

No comments:

Post a Comment