06 November 2010

Compelling is an understatement

You may write me down in history
With your bitter, twisted lies,
You may trod me in the very dirt
But still, like dust, I'll rise.
              -Maya Angelou




Black women have been known to rise, have been known to stand, have been known to fight, and have been known to be strong. Black women are some of the most amazing people that God has created. Now I'm being general, so don't get me wrong, there have been many black women who have put themselves as well as other black women to shame.

Yesterday one of the greatest films that I have ever seen came out in theatres. Tyler Perry's "For Colored girls", originally written by Ntozake Shange was magnificent; a must see! The title is a bit controversial, but other than that, this movie was amazing. Very raw, and very real.This movie is a tear jerker, so if you plan to see it, have your Kleenex ready. Be prepared to be fully captured by the movie as I was. For some strange reason, there were people laughing all throughout the film, when there were barely any comical scenes. I totally ignored them because what was going on in the movie had me in a different place. You won't understand what I'm saying until you see the movie.

 I would like to give an official andallthatg0od_stuff clap clap bravo for all of the women in this movie. Loretta Devine, Thandie Newton, Janet Jackson, Anika Noni Rose, Kimberly Elise, Kerry Washington, Phylicia Rashad, Whoopi Goldberg, and Tessa Thompson are all worthy of an Academy Award. Janet looked ravishing, to say the least. Her bone structure is very well crafted, her body is on point, and she is all around too beautiful! I just had to point that out.
Go see "For Colored Girls" I give it five stars!

No comments:

Post a Comment