07 September 2010

Bad is when you're capable of beating the bad

Celeb_reality

Onika Miraj, better known as Nicki Minaj, Nicki Lewinsky, Nicki the Harajuku Barbie! " I don't even know why these girls even bother at this point like......"

She is a fairly new artist, who has managed to grab the attention of so many people . I'm still trying to understand all the hype about her. Its like every reputable artist wants her on their remix, every teenage boy think shes "bad", and every hood rat chick wants to emulate her hair styles.
Its interesting to see how a normal girl from Queens (the same place that I'm from) can become such a popular artist. I don't really think Nicki would hold any weight if real MCs like Salt, Peppa, MC Lyte, Missy Elliot, Remy Ma, Foxy Brown, Lauryn Hill, and Lil Kim were making records. I'm not gonna sit here and front like I don't recite her lyrics from time to time, because I surely do. Can you blame me though? Mainstream radio plays songs that Nicki  is featured on every other minute.



 This past June, I attended Hot 97 Summer Jam, and of course Nicki Minaj was one of the artists on the line up. However, she did not impress me at all. When she was on stage with fellow Young Money member, Drake their music skipped. Nicki stood there unaware of how to play it off. SMH! When she performed with Gyptian, she was rather stiff and refused to engage with him.

In my opinion Nicki Minaj is not all that, she is pretty but shes not "bad". Allegedly her pleasantly plump buttocks, and oh so narrow nose are both the result of cosmetic surgery.

Keep doing you though Nicki! 


No comments:

Post a Comment