06 January 2013

Let the Good Times Roll




On Friday, I had the pleasure of dining at Serendipity 3. So to keep in the trend of trying highly rated NYC restaurants, I went to Max Brenner with a few of my girlfriends.
Quite a contrast from Serendipity 3, to say the least. On a busy Union Square street, Max Brenner, otherwise known as Chocolate by the Bald Man, is a spacious play on Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory. With decor that seeks to accomplish a chocolate wonderland, Max Brenner is filled with browns and tubes of chocolate. Upon entering this dedication to chocolate lovers on a weekend night, one will find them-self hoping to be seated immediately to keep from being pushed and shoved by the mass of people in the lobby/coffee shop also waiting to be seated. Thank God we had a reservation. Although a few of us were late, we happened to still be seated when the entire party arrived. While waiting in the lobby my friend and I couldn't help but salivate over the crepes, brownies, cakes and chocolate infused beverages in the bakery. Everything just looked so good.
Once we were finally seated, we asked our waiter his honest opinion about the dos and dont's of the menu. He definitely kept it real with us. I ended up ordering the "Really Cheesy-Really crunchy Mac & Cheese" with chicken instead of bacon. Three of the ladies ordered the "Mom's simple lemon & herb roasted chicken" and one of them skipped right to dessert, ordering the Tutti Fruity Waffle. Everything was very good. I enjoyed my meal and I had a taste of the lemon chicken thing which was also very tasty.
Surprisingly, I had room for dessert, so as a table we ordered "Tasting for two". We chose milk chocolate fondue which was extremely delicious. We had a little bit of everything to dip in the chocolate such as strawberries, fried banana, bananas, brownies and chocolate cookies. It was just enough to feed my sweet tooth. And for the city, it was reasonably priced. I would definitely go back because there are a few things on the dessert menu that I still need to try. Mhm I sure do.

No comments:

Post a Comment